me and sweetpea...my angel

me and sweetpea...my angel
Suffer the little children to come unto me and forbid them not

Thursday, September 29, 2011

Taking a Stand

I have been watching (with much curiosity and HUGE admiration) the news today about the young Iranian pastor who is on trial for his faith. Yes, his faith. Not because he ran a plane into two towers and incinerated human beings, but because he dared to declare his faith in Christ publicly and refused to renounce his Savior. I remember years ago my pastor asking each of us if we would renounce Christ if we were threatened with death. I couldn't answer that question then....I still can't. I think I would, I hope I would, I know I should but would I? None of us can truly answer that unless we are faced with it.
This Sunday we will look on as four of our dear people at Bay Life will be baptized. It will be in a public forum at the beach here in Montego Bay. They will be making a public declaration that they have put off the old and have taken on the new. They are identifying with Christ in front of not only our church congregation, but also in front of lots of onlookers at the beach. The scripture teaches that each of us who claim His name should be willing to unashamedly claim Him in front of the world. That is what each one of our dear converts are doing. As they go in the water they will be signifying Christ's death, burial, and resurrection. What a public step for each of them.
How about you? Maybe God will never call you to be a martyr for His name, but as a believer you have surely been called to be obedient to this small step in showing the world that you are one of His. Are you convicted that unlike this Pastor who is willing to give the ULTIMATE sacrifice for Christ, you have been unwilling to follow in this one small step? "But whoseover shall confess me before men, him will I confess also before my Father which is in heaven. But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which in heaven." Matthew 10:32-33
I pray that when God calls on me to take my stand, I will do it regardless of the consequences....even giving my own life.
This has been the rambling of one tired Jamerican....SELAH!

No comments:

Post a Comment