me and sweetpea...my angel

me and sweetpea...my angel
Suffer the little children to come unto me and forbid them not

Sunday, December 13, 2009

The long journey back to "normal"

For those of you who have been out of the Titus loop, this has been a very trying week for us. It was one week ago Thursday that my body broke out in a nasty rash, my head starting hurting like it would blow off my shoulders, and my neck felt as if it could not support the weight of the head on my shoulders. Soon came the unbelievable nausea and feverish bouts. Two trips to the local clinic yielded temporary pain relief but no answers. Having been a migraine sufferer for many years, I knew this was different but couldn't seem to get relief. My precious husband stayed by my side almost continually and helped me hold my head up and get bathed at least each day. However, by one week into it I actually got to the point where I lost the desire to live if this is what life had to offer me. As a believer I am ashamed that I would ever assume to think I could take my life in my own hands...it is not mine to take. Thanks to my husband and children it was decided to evacuate me home to get medical help here in the states. Thank God for High Point Regional Hospital ER staff. Upon arriving stateside Friday evening, I was immediately taken to the ER where there were abnormal cells present in my spinal tap. Viral meningitis has been wreaking havoc on me for these past days. I am thankful to my family for proactively getting me relief and these last two days have been so comfortable and reassuring. God's grace is sufficient.....even in our weakness. Just the ramblings on one tired Jamerican......Selah!

No comments:

Post a Comment